The Partnership: Benefits for the Horse - Modalities for the Rider
A horse and his/her rider are partners. They work together as a single unit, and massage therapy benefits both of them. A rider who is physically balanced will be better appreciated by his/her equine friend. Please consider a Thai massage session either before or after your horse receives a treatment. It is the perfect modality for the rider since it can be given right at the stables. No private area is required.
The Benefits of Equine Massage:
- Stretches muscle tissue and relieves tension
- Improves stamina and overall disposition
- Promotes comfort and relaxation to injured muscles, and promotes healing
- Increases range of motion and joint flexibility
- Improves circulation to the areas being massaged
- Enhances muscle tone
- Lengthens connective tissue
- Releases edorphins, the body's natural painkillers
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, removing toxins and waste
- Supports the horse's health and continuation of his/her athletic career
- Balances and maintains the horse's body, thus promoting better physical condition
Energy/Chakra Balancing/Tuning Fork Therapy/Reiki: All of these modalities can be added into the session to further assist your equine friend in maintaining balance. Horses are very receptive to energy and to receiving bodywork. They enjoy the positive attention and often let the bodyworker know which area they would like addressed next. They are more intuitive than some people give them credit for.
Equine massage is given at your location. Please call or email for further information.